Island of the Uros, and off to Lima


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Puno
April 19th 2006
Published: April 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So, left Bolivia, and stopped by Puno for the islands for the Uros people briefly on Sunday. It rained, so we didn´t spend too much time on the islands, but it was just as well.
After about 5 minutes, the excitement of standing on a floating island made of reeds wore off. The people here actually LIVE on these things! There are chickens and ducks being raisded on these¨islands¨.
Left Puno on Sunday night, and caught a bus to Cuzco. The 8 hour ride was freezing cold, and I got bitten by some kind of bug multiple times on my ass.
Yah, that was pleasant.
So pissed off about the bugs that Brian and I decided to catch the first plane on Monday morning to Lima.
Buying the tickets was quite an adventure in and of itself. Obviously we didn´t book in advance. Met a shady tour agent by the name of Eduardo, who hooked us up with 2 tickets on a flight that was just stopping over on Cusco. Because the flight was just a stop over, we got to cut infront of everyone in the security line in order to catch our flight. We also had to check in our bags, which we were pretty apprehensive about. The airline was called AeroCondor.
And Eduardo was freaking SHADY!
We arrived in Lima after 1 hour.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb