Getting from Juliaca Airport to Puno in Peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Puno » Puno
August 14th 2020
Published: August 14th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Inca Manco Capac Airport (JUL) is the nearest airport and is located approximately 50 kilometers away from Puno city in Juliaca a ragged industrial town with nothing to recommend it besides the airport.

There are three options to get to Puno from Juliaca.

Option 1:




Travelling from Juliaca airport to Puno would be approximately an hour and a half. An airport shuttle would drop you off at the doorstep of your hotel in Puno and would cost approximately 50 USD.

Option 2:




If you are opting to take a taxi, make sure to book one from inside the airport rather than flagging down one from the street. Before hopping on to a taxi, make sure the car has a phone number on top. This generally means that its part of standardized, registered taxi service. This can sometimes cost slightly more but is the safest and best choice. You can expect to pay from 60 to 70 Peruvian soles.

Option 3:




The cheapest option is to take one of the shared vans, also known as <em style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px;">colectivos. These are located across the street from the airport and leave throughout the day, each one departing when full. With luggage, they can get rather crowded, and as always in crowded situations, you should keep an alert eye on your luggage and possessions to avoid falling victim to pick-pocketing or petty thievery. Prices can vary but tend to be around 15 Peruvian soles.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb