Pisco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Pasco
August 17th 2006
Published: February 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I just got off an all night bus that then connected with another bus and now we have arrived in Pisco, which is on the coast and it looks like we will be warm for an entire day or two before heading back into the mountains. In Pisco we went on our last organized tour to see the Paracas National Reserve and the Ballestas Islands (sometimes referred to as the cheap version of the Galapagos Islands). From the boat we were able to see one of the Nasca lines or designs cut into the desert, amazing that these are anywhere from 90o BC - 630 AD. We also were able to see several sea lions and lots of birds.

In Pisco and every place after, we saw people protesting different local issues. In Pisco there were city municipal workers who hadn’t been paid for six months and they had a march which ended in front of the city building where they gathered in protest for the remainder of the day, which came us an opportunity to talk with them. In Huancavelica the workers of the transportation system were protesting because they wanted a new noncorrupt boss. The third, in Huancayoincluded several hundred people demanding affordable water for their community. It puts things into perspective that it was not even drinkable water that they wanted, just affordable.



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

city cleaners protestingcity cleaners protesting
city cleaners protesting

the city cleaners had not been paid for six months


Tot: 0.212s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb