The Jungle - Day 3


Advertisement
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

This was our last day in the Jungle and we both felt that it had not nearly been long enough. We got up at 4 o’clock, way before dawn and had our bags packed before breakfast at half past 4. The reason for this early start was because we had to get back on the motor canoe at 7, for the three hour boat journey back to Puerto Maldonado, and we still had one more activity ahead of us.

We stumbled with torches to the canoe and headed to the nearby “claylick”. After a very short climb, we reached the look out hut and waited for the sun to rise. With the sun came the many parrots and macaws who feed on the clay. It seemed to take ages for the first one to arrive but after that hundreds of them came. They were all green but with striking tails of multicolour. They showed up beautifully against the terracotta colour of the clay. It was definitely worth getting up so early for such a display!

This was the end of our jungle tour. 3 days is not enough, we both feel next time we would like about a month!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 21; qc: 94; dbt: 0.0992s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb