Mud is Thicker than Water


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » La Libertad » Huanchaco
October 30th 2007
Published: November 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

ResResRes

The reservoir at Chan Chan, full of ducks. It was just like the Tarn!
After an uneventful drive from Huaraz (have you noticed a pattern with regard to the drive days?) we arrived in Huanchaco last night where we are camping on the roof of a hotel. As usual, we faffed about for ages deciding which of the 2 restaurants to eat in before plumping for the Mexican. After eating we went for a drink in the town's only bar where we played Connect 4 and pool, both of which I was pony at.

The next day we visited Chan Chan, the largest adobe (mud, basically) ruins in the world, which was actually more interesting than it seemed, not least because the tour guide was like someone's nan, she was that cute. Steve wanted to keep her, but we decided that wouldn't be fair on her real grandchildren.

From Chan Chan we drove to the temple of the moon where we saw some ancient art work some of it depicting human sacrifices. Sadly the way they undertook these sacrifices was just by pushing the victims off a big cliff. If I was God, I'd want much more gore than that. We did however find out from our guide that rubbing an egg all
IdolIdolIdol

Me and a wooden idol. I'm sure there is a hilarious Pop Idol joke here somewhere, but I can't be bothered thinking of it.
over your body helps cure you of all ailments. She didn't say if the egg should be boiled or if soldiers had the same effect.

The afternoon was spent lazing by the pool, a well deserved rest after half a day of mostly sitting on a van.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

SunSun
Sun

The Pyramid of the Sun as seen from the Temple of the Moon.
artart
art

Art within the Temple of the Moon


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb