Day 17 Cuzco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco
May 22nd 2008
Published: June 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After our early night Paul and I woke up feeling energised and refreshed. We decided to try to find a charger for my phone and an adaptor (for some reason I keep leaving things in every hotel/hostal we stay in...... a little memory of myself!!). After stopping numerous locals and trying (with great difficulty) to understand directions in Spanish, we eventually found a huge commercial centre and managed to buy both the adaptor and the correct Nokia charger.... success...... we're definitely getting better at this :-)

After our little wander we met Karl and Sam in a well-known cafe/restaurant called Jacks. It's owned by the same guy who owns the highest Irish bar :-) Would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Cuzco.... the food was yummy!

After lunch we wandered around the town, sat in the main plaza taking photos and enjoying a bit of people watching :-) Later that night Manni took the group of us to a fancy restaurant in Cuzco called "Fallen Angel". It's a really funky restaurant with a cool interior and the best steak in town. Inside there are pigs hanging from the ceiling, a huge cherub in the patio area and the tables are made up of large bathtubs filled with tropical fish and covered with glass.... really cool. Plus it has the best Pisco sours in the whole of Peru!

After dinner, another mad night in Cuzco with visits to a number of local bars, the Irish pub and a local club...... need I say more :-)

-- By Karen


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Make a Wish!Make a Wish!
Make a Wish!

Fountain in the middle of the main plaza
The Four Fallen Angels!The Four Fallen Angels!
The Four Fallen Angels!

Paul, Manni, Louise and little old me in the funky restaurant....Fallen Angel.


Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0821s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb