Day 9 Cusco - Sacred valley


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Sacred Valley
June 7th 2013
Published: June 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Went down to the main square where they were still having a parade and dancing for the corpus Christi. Went to the Inka museum to get some back ground on where we aere going and the history behind it. Then headed to the Sacred Valley. !st stop was a place that spun and made their own handicrafts. They showed us how they washed the alpaca using a natural detergent that they made by grating this vegetable. Then showed all the natural dyes that they used. Had lunch in the backyard of a house. Potato soup and chicken stir fry (which had the manadotory potato chips in it). Then went next door to where they made corn beer. We also played agame where you throw coins. Thenwent up around the corner to where a lady make chocolate naturally; She ground up the beans which have been roasted, added sugar and then melted it into shape. Then drove to Ollantaytambo. There were a lot of farmers standing in the paddocks. Some digging the paddocks with a hoe. There were 2 tractor I saw on the way. We had a tour of Ollantaytambo. It was a very nice little village with original Inca streets and water canels.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Guinea PigGuinea Pig
Guinea Pig

guess what these are used for!!!


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb