Macchu Picchu


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Machu Picchu
June 18th 2005
Published: June 19th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We made it!

It is kind of surreal to finally be there after this long trek. It feels like we´ve been on the trail for much longer than only 3 days.

This morning we woke up at 3:00 am to race into the dark to be one of the first at the Sun gate. Andre was actually the first there with two other´s from our group.

What an amazing sight...

Machu Picchu´s beauty is inexplicable!


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



19th June 2005

Internet access in the Andes?
Ok, I give up...how the hell are you guys updating this blog from the peaks of the Andes?? Machu Picchu has wi-fi or something with amplifiers bouncing off the mountains?? Seriously, how are you guys doing this? Anyway, looks like you guys are having a blast! I was going to call you to invite you out next Saturday night as I'll be in Toronto for the week but it seems you guys are a little busy climbing mountains in the southern hemisphere and stuff so I'll just let it be :) Have fun!
20th June 2005

WAY Cool Pictures
27th June 2005

Internet access
Internet cafes are actually rather prevalent in these small towns... major source of revenue for them. Only costs me like 33 cents an hour, but for the locals it pays the bills. No cell towers on Machu Pichu, but the city in the valey below (aquascaliante, hot springs nearby) is huge tourist trap, with plenty of internet access.

Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb