BIRDWATCHING


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco » Cusco
September 13th 2010
Published: September 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

birdwatching10birdwatching10birdwatching10

Birdwatching or birding is the observation and study of birds with the naked eye or through a visual enhancement device like binoculars. Birding often involves a significant auditory component, [url=http://www.peruvianbirdingexpeditions.com/] Birdwatching[/url]
Birdwatching

Birdwatching or birding is the observation and study of birds with the naked eye or through a visual enhancement device like binoculars. Birding often involves a significant auditory component, as many bird species are more readily detected and identified by ear than by eye. Most birdwatchers pursue this activity mainly for recreational or social reasons, unlike ornithologists, who engage in the study of birds using more formal scientific methods

The term Birdwatching " was first used in 1901; "bird" was introduced as a verb in 1918The term "birding" was also used for the practice of "fowling" or hunting with firearms as in Shakespeare's The Merry Wives of Windsor (1602) She laments sir... her husband goes this morning a-birding The terms "birding" and "Birdwatching" are today used interchangeably, although many participants prefer "birding", both because it does not exclude the auditory aspects of enjoying birds, and because it does not have some associated negative connotations.
ABOUT US
Birdwatching EXPEDITIONS is committed to do real Ecotourism. We have our own vehicles and boats as well as experienced staff. As we operate all Manu tours directly we have good control over their quality.
Our Office

You will spend most nights of your tour at our lodges, Soga de Oro Lodge and Maquisapayoj Tapir Lodge, in double rooms with private bathroom. Camping options or expeditions are also available. With more than 10 years experience in operating Manu tours we have constantly improved our service and itineraries. Itineraries are flexible enough to maximize your chances to see wildlife and our guides will do their best to show you the marvels of the rainforest.

PBE works hard to limit the environmental impact. We return all waste to Cusco, buy local or peruvian products wherever possible and avoid buying tins or other material that is difficult to recycle. We recommend the Manu Biosphere Tour, which requires less boat fuel.

Working in Manu also means to work with local people, our boatmen and lodge staff are from Manu. We want to help build consciousness about the importance of the rainforest and promote rainforest conservation. We work with experienced, english speaking naturalist guides with many years of guiding experience in Manu. Most of our guides have grown up in Manu and have been working (in research projects) and living in the rainforest. They are very experienced in wildlife spotting, recognizing birds and mammals by sound and sight. They can imitate the animals to call them closer, as well as giving you the scientific names of the animals we see.

For further information about our guides see below.

We use binoculars and telescopes so that you can get a closer view of the animals, without disturbing them.

Our guides take one of the following Telescopes on the Manu tours:

• Zeiss Diascope T FL, 85 mm
• Leica Televid, 77mm
• Kowa TSN 2, 77mm
• Kowa TSN 1, 77 mm
• Kowa 37 TSN, 77 mm
• Kowa TSN 500, 68 mm

Our office is situated in San Blas, Cusco, only 3 blocks from the main square ( Plaza de Armas). From Plazoleta San Blas turn left into Calle Tandapata, it is only 200 m to our office. We work with experienced, english speaking naturalist guides with many years of guiding experience in Manu. Most of our guides have grown up in Manu and have been working (in research projects) and living in the rainforest. They are very experienced in wildlife spotting, recognizing Bird watching and mammals by sound and sight. They can imitate the animals to call them closer, as well as giving you the scientific names of the animals we see.

Our guides are bilingual (English/Spanish) and on request we can provide guided tours in German and Japanese.

PERUVIAN Birdwatching EXPEDITIONS TEAM

Founder/Owner of

Peruvian Birdwatching
Expeditions:

Abraham Huamán L. Born 1966, grew up in the selva (rainforest), founder of PBE and director of operations, official guide, specialized in birdwatching, worked in research projects (monkeys, macaws, giant river otters), worked with Discovery Channel for the documentary ´Spirits of the Rainforest', with the BBC 3 times and with National Geographic once and has 22 years of guiding experience in Manu.
http://www.peruvianbirdingexpeditions.com/

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb