Days 46-53


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco » Cusco
April 12th 2009
Published: April 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Normally I am the photographer and tom updates the blog but since his liver has almost failed on him I have decided to take control for one day only! Well five because I cant be bothered to do write five separate days coz they are all the same We checked in to the Loki hostel on Good Friday at about 10pm after the longest bus ride ever from Lake Titicaca, we went straight to bed. The next day we found out that the rafting trip wouldn't be running until Wednesday due to high waters. So we decided a few nights out were in order....we met some quality folk from America, Holland and the UK in the Loki bar. We had some great nights out but Monday night is particularly is worth talking about. We racked up to the bar at 6 ish and started drinking, Ricky the crazy American and his sister Kelly introduced the group of 15 to the game of Kings Cup. The game is basically where u have a drink in the middle and circle a deck of playing cards around the pint. You go round the table each picking a card in turn, each card means something different I.e. pick a jack and you make a rule, pick a 7 u have a toilet pass, 6 = dicks so all the guys drink, pick a 4 - hoar's all the ladies drink, pick a king and you drink the whole pint in the middle. Tom was the first to pick a king (one of the 3 times he picked one that night) hence why he was dancing on the Loki bar 3 hours later with bar shouting strip, instead he treated everyone to his own special dance moves and a body flash. Ricky picked a jack twice and invented the rule whenever a female drinks they have to kiss another female and every sentence has to be finished with a swear word. I then pulled a king and next a jack, my rule was you have to say “Craig is the shit” every time you drink. Tom and Rich were particularly disappointed they didn't think of it because the ladies would say Craig is the shit and then kiss each other. The following days around Loki people would just be saying Craig is the shit! This travelling lark aint that bad. After tom had pulled more kings than anyone out of 15 people, we were all smashed the most we have been for a while, and all headed to a club. We got 7 people into a taxi the size of a mini and all sang Garth Brooks - Friends in low places, because we were heading to the club the roots. After 5hours of dancing we all walked back and the Loki bar staff pulled some fire works from somewhere which we all watched outside of the hostel. We got into our beds about 7am. This was pretty much the routine for four nights. Cuzco rocks!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0205s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1018.2kb