The last week in Cusco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco » Cusco
April 29th 2008
Published: April 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

As of today, we have been in Peru for a month, and on friday we finish our teaching project, leaving us free to go on our trek up the Inca Trail, Macchu Picchu, Arequipa and Lake Titicaca. We're both very excited about starting the trek, although it will be sad to leave all of the kids and the friends we have made in the Madventurer apartment.

Unfortunately, the past few days haven't been too enjoyable as we have both been struck down by illness. On thursday, Charlie was taken to the hospital where blood tests showed that she had contracted typhoid, and then on saturday, Alex was taken to the same hospital where we discovered that he has parasites and an intestinal infection. We are both on a long course of strong antibiotics, which are starting to kick in, but the last few days have been boring, either spent in bed or lying in front of the television, feeling a bit crappy.

Other than that, the teaching is going well, Cuzco is still beautiful, and we are both on the mend.

Sorry that there's not more to update with, but as I said, we've both been inside the apartment for most of the last few days! Now that we are both up and about, we will update soon to make up for the lack of news.

Love to all,

Shabex MD xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb