21st December, Aguas Calientes y Cusco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Aguas Calientes
December 21st 2008
Published: December 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

21st December, Aguas Calientes y Cusco,

We were the last to have breakfast so sneaked some extra bread from the kitchen. We left our bags at the hostel then headed down to the river. We went for a 3 course meal that day and it was delicious. Feeling ridiculously full we waddled off to the internet to watse a few hours before picking up our bags and making our way to the train station as we were heading back to cusco.

The train ride wasn´t so pleasant. It was a backpacker train, which meant it had tiny seats with no leg room. Two others sat opposit us which meant Jake was literally sat in front of the Chinese guy in front. 4 and half long hours later, with endless horn blowing from the driver which actually felt like he was trying to wake the dead, we arrived back at cusco.

our tour agency had agreed, we would have a pick-up from ´Bicky´just after 9pm when we arrived, but NO SURPRISES, no sign of bicky!! She had let us down so much prior to tonight we weren´t even shocked. Just extremely angry to say the least. After bartering a ltaxi fare we were driven to our new hostel, Mirador del Inka, in San Blas. However, due to its location, the driver dropped us off and told us to walk 5 to 10 minutes (30 seconds, Jake says!) down a dark alley stinking off piss, to our hostel. I was scared and didnt feel safe carrying all our possessions.

At the hostel, we woke up some old man and his dog and there was obviously some confusion over the booking as he walked us through the dark hostel, up some rickety wooden steps to an attic type room, with no bathroom.

As jake got into bed, two spiders crawled out from under the pillow. i was so fed up with things going wrong we hadnt eaten since midday so i wasnt in a good mood at all. we agreed to make do with the room until the morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb