That darn food poisoning!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Amazonas » Chachapoyas
August 1st 2006
Published: August 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

We caught a 5:30 bus from Chicalayo to Chachapoyas, where the plan was to trek for six days before returning to Lima and then New York. The ride was supposed to take 9 hours but took 17 instead. The bus constantly had to stop while roads were being cleared of debris and at one point in the middle of the night, the bus driver just stopped at the beginning of a large muddy patch in what was supposed to be the road to wait for morning and light.

For the first time in Peru we experienced rain, though not much of it. Chachapoyas is a very small town in the low highlands of northern Peru and it´s quite quaint. There´s a very simple and charming Plaza de Aramas and our hotel, Revash, is located across the street from it.

Our plans were dashed when Martin came down with food poisoning. She spent two days in bed but the owner of the hotel was very helpful. He brought her carrot juice and fresh squeezed lemon juice for breakfast and it seemed to help. Martina´s now up and about and regaining her strength. She´s feeling much better so there´s nothing to worry about.

On 3 August, we´ve boooked an abbreviated trek that includes horseback riding and nothing too strenuous. No more crazy treks and hikes for us.

Ben

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb