Getting out of Paraguay


Advertisement
Paraguay's flag
South America » Paraguay » Concepcion
May 31st 2009
Published: May 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Ok well time to leave Paraguay.
So first idea was to get to asuncion then head north to concepcion where we would take a boat out on the Rio Paraguay and head north.

We left Asuncion on the 19th of May after staying in a dodgy hotel accross from the bus station. The Royal hotel for 75 000 Guarinies for a room sharing. O the day before when leaving the bus station after buying the tickets an officer approached us speacking spanish so we were there a while not understanding a word, then we finally realised it was a local prank show because there was a guy hidding behind the tree with a camera filming, haha...

OK so on the bus heading on the grand chaco high way known for how bumpy it is, it was probably as bad as the road in Botswana lots of potholes so we drove on both sides of the road. This trip was going to take us 6 hours, either side of the road looking like driving in the south of the okovongo delta. Lots of flat ladscape and water, although alot more palm trees. The bird life here is amazing, seen huge storks, flock of green parrots, herons, vultures, eagles beautiful. One thing about Paraguay is that there are hardly any tourists which is great.

Finally getting into Concepcion, we have learnt just relax take you time dont rush dicisions. So we grabbed our bags and Chris´s bag was full of corn powder because a sack burst next to his bag, haha. Alot of horse and cart drivers trying to get business just like taxi´s getting work. lucky right across the road from the terminal there are hotels and rooms for rent. So we take a walk comparing different prices and find a simple hotel for 55 000 Guaranies from both of us for 1 night, great. 2 beds and spanish tv wat more does one need o yes there was a bath room to. O one thing I must say takes a while getting used to is, the toilets in South America, you wipe your bumb then put the toilet paper into the bin next to you. Folding it nice an neatly haha, the plubing doesnt exist here, it looks like it goes straight into the street here.

So this afternoon after the famous siester time of south america, we went out for a walk. We needed to find out about getting our passport stamped exit and entry for Brazil. We found a place that taught american english, o kif (cool) go inside and a beautiful lady was working and in broken spanish asked if she spoke english. So she laughed and said no, haha english lesson but she cant speak. Ok so eventually we were asking for embassy and she got another guy who came in and said, hello buddy haha. Finally some one that speaks english and he gave us dirrections to get to where we wanted to go. The next day we went to the Brazil counsulate and they told us no we cant get a stamp only in Pedro Pora and acuncion, aaaahhhhhhh!!!! ok well they were the like 3rd person to tell us this,so we changed route. Heading east into Brazil with a bus......

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb