dengue part 2 and month 3/4 not sure!


Advertisement
Paraguay's flag
South America » Paraguay » Chaco
June 7th 2007
Published: June 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

got 10 mins so will jsut finsih of dengue part 2 and blab on a bit about my fascinating little life (haa!)

so i was cured of dengue (I think and hope) by a decent hotel in asuncion where i didnt have ice cold showers when its cold (its cold here now, weird) and i was sleepng in a sleeping bag and feeling generally rubbish, so after about 3weeks of yukk i was ok. my students thoguht i´d either died or gone home or jsut disappeared so didnt come much for a while after so that was a bit dull, and it rained, and if it rains they dont leave the house either= paraguayan logic, after nearly 4 months i still jsut dont get it at all. anyway, they´re all enjoying the delights of my easy peasy english exam at the moment that they have to complete at least to get their certificates which they´re all ridiculously excited about, and i stupidly promised i´d cook for them all and make them english tea so im a bit busy at the mo. entertained my little saturday morning art class with food colouring, cheap sweeties and crispie cakes the other morning as their last class treat the idea was that they learnt the words eyes, mouth, ears, nose, hair etc but i think they jsut got a bit over excited on the E numbers instead but never mind.

ive got a bank holiday weekend this weekend and im off to uruguay!!cant wait: civilisation, sea, decent food, decent shops which im hoping wont jsut sell tshirts or 2nd hand food mixers or ice because thats all i can seem to find here! in desperate need of a 2nd jumper, mine is skank cos its been cold for a month and i washed it once, in cold water.bit grooce, think i may have let go a bit, looking a bit of a mess probably, feet are skank might go wild and get a uruguayan pedicure! i´ll be back from uruguay by wednesday then i leave villa hayes on next friday night with my travel buddy, shona, for the capital then spending weekend there sorting stuff saying bye to everyone etc, doing a supermarket sweep because we are going slightly off the beaten track to get out of paraguay heading north up the the jungley bit on the border with brasil...via boat...cargo boat...which you have to bring ur own hammock along for...for 3 days thru the jungle, sounds kind of adventurous, no food, no water etc!wayhay!

right got to go will finish off soon as ive got a class

love to all X X X X

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb