3 Ways To Keep Fit While Travelling


Advertisement
French Guiana's flag
South America » French Guiana » Kourou
October 1st 2019
Published: October 9th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Keeping fit while traveling can be a challenging task. When we move from place to place, our routine changes, and so does the ability to perform physical activities as we get tired faster than in everyday life. How to stay fit while traveling?

When staying in the same place, it's way easier to perform daily activities effectively. Are you a fitness maniac, who knows the best abs workout to do at home and all the other ways to build up and strengthen your body? You can do the same during your journey. There are just a few necessary things: prepared equipment, clothes, and time during which no one will interrupt you.

Get an app




Each of us gets lazy sometimes - especially after the day full of experiences and running through the town in search of monuments and attractions. There is nothing wrong with using a little help. There are apps designed specifically to make you maintain your routine as well as ones that support your physical activity by counting and suggesting. Count your steps and burned calories with the app and get inspired by the set od workouts it will compose for you. Or maybe draw something funny with your running route on Endomondo?

Workout wisely




Depending on the way you travel, you will have better or worse conditions to perform your usual physical activities. Budget travelers have to deal with the biggest challenge – hostels are usually designed to use all the available space what results in the lack of room for a workout. However, you can always find a place to perform your daily dose of activity. Run to keep yourself fit - it's a great way to get to know the new place also. Search for the gyms in the neighborhood – usually, the first entry is free, so you won't have to get a membership card. If you're looking for more healthy lifestyle budget tips, check this article.

Eat carefully




The new places tend to tempt us with the food we would usually not buy back at home. Fried stuff, sweets, local pastries that you h a v e to try, and a lot of beer is what can ultimately bury your diet. However, if you stick to the few rules, you may have no jo-jo effect on vacation. The first one is – switch beer for wine! The second drink is way lower in calories, has antioxidants, and helps to digest. If you tend to eat meals low on the meet, it's worth to find suggestions of restaurants that serve the good dishes based on veggies, and remember – the fastest route to losing your fitness is eating a lot of sauces and dressings. When ordering, ask to skip the aioli or mayo - your stomach will be grateful to you.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb