Hot and sticky in the Amazon...


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador
December 2nd 2009
Published: July 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post


Hello all....

So its been one of the best weeks of the trip so far.

Ecuador is a magnificently lush and beautiful country. Our days have been crammed with horse riding, climbing waterfalls, spotting hummingbirds, trekking in the jungle, canyoning with tarantulas in the dark, tubing down the rio napa, visiting local communities and an animal sanctuary, swinging in hammocks, drinking indecent amounts of rum and as you can guess from this simple list I have had no time to write properly so this is a very brief hello and a note to say Ive managed to upload some more pictures. Link here http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=174920&id=691995235&l=00c72d26a8

We spent 3 glorious days in cloud forest country in Rio Verde...at a beautiful pardise created by an ex-overland driver. Easiest for me to give you the link http://hostel-banos-pequenoparaiso.com/ Utterly beguiling place and time was spent trekking on frisky horses high into the mountians and lazing around in their plenteous hammocks.

From the cloud forest it was onwards into the sticky, tropical and magical Amazon...to an eco-lodge for 3 nights. Here is the link to heaven...http://www.amarongachi.com/index.htm Apart from the wet humidity and the fact we wre sharing our space with spiders, snakes, posionous plants and all manner of biting things, the view from our cabins was one of the best views I have ever seen. Mum - It equals the view from our balcony of Vinales in Pinar del Rio in Cuba... Here on a sweeping bend on the Rio Napa, we looked own on a carpet of rainforest, mist eddying above the tips of the trees and mountains rising in the distance. A view that has reduced grown men to tears apparently....

It was with deep regret we left after only 3 days...this has been a sublime time. Tomo we head to Quito for our final group meal and a FIESTA CELEBRATING THE FOUNDING OF THE CITY. I have 20 days or so left here so bye for now. Enjoy the pics and ill try and write after the Galapagos. Looking forward to catching up back in London .....Im back on 22 December.

Love Hannah x




Advertisement



Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb