Guaranda pictures and Canduya update


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador
June 21st 2008
Published: June 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

guar1guar1guar1

tattoos after our visit to the prison
So we´ve finished up our second week in Canduya, and things are going much better. David (pronouned Dah-veed in Spanish btw) when down on Sunday after church and talked to a bunch of people and basically told them that we would leave if they didn´t start showing up to the workshops. Because of this we had a somewhat overwhelming 50 ppl at our monday nutrition workshop, and a more managable 30 or so at the first aid and sexual health workshops. We got started on the water filter on Tuesday and we bought soem paint to fix the blackboards at the school. Next week we´re hoping to dig garbage and compost pits for the school too. We have another week in Canduya and then on the 29th we head to Gradas. We had a meeting with Alicia last week to talk about what we´ll be doing in Gradas and it sounds like we´ll be working ont he community garden during the day and then doing workshops with a group of 20 health volunteers from the surrounding communities in the evening teaching them how to deliver our workshops and how to create thier own. I really like the sound of it because ti seems much more sustainable than just blowing through town and teaching some stuff and not being able to guarantee that the knowledge will be passed on sicne we´ll likely never come back.
Anyways, I´m attaching some pictures of Guaranda and our house here. And a couple from our last few days in Quito.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

guar3guar3
guar3

in front of hostel Huakii
guar3guar3
guar3

little erik at the hostel
guar4guar4
guar4

scenery on the way to guaranda
guar5guar5
guar5

weird statue with no underwear on the way to Guaranda
guar6guar6
guar6

guaranda
guar7guar7
guar7

guaranda
guar9guar9
guar9

little erik at the hostel in guaranda
guar10guar10
guar10

the house in guaranda


Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb