Departing Ecuador


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » West » Puerto López
January 17th 2011
Published: January 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hola,
We enjoyed our stay in the high Andes at Cajas National Park. We saw llamas feeding on the high paramo and giant conebills foraging in the world´s highest woodland (Polylepis Forest). The landscape was gorgeous with mountains, bromeliads and hundreds of lakes (with andean pintail ducks fighting over territories). We are now down on the coast in the dry forest at Machalilla National Park. It feels like spring time here because everything is bursting into bloom and all the birds are singing, but it is really the beginning of the wet season. There are giant green Ceiba Trees that are truly unique with their ballooning trunks (pictures to come soon). Our stay in Ecuador has been profound. We visited the high Andes, the Galapagos, west andean rainforest, east andean rainforest, dry forest, amazon, high elevation cloud forest and the coast. We saw 500 species of birds, countless butterflies and other insects, dozens of reptiles and amphibians. Our experience has changed the way we view the world! We are excited to visit Peru, as we plan to visit the driest desert in the world.
R&J

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb