Party in Montanita


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » West » Montañita
August 9th 2008
Published: August 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

From Canoa we took a 6 hour bus ride down the coast, having to change buses a couple times, but everything worked out perfectly with timing again! We got to Mantanita, another small coastal surfer town that is known of its parties and none stop night life. Many people from the big coastal port city of Guayaquil go here for a weekend vacation/party. We got to Mantanita late and walked around the cute town for a bit. There were tons of cool surfer shops and nicer restaurants and lots of locals selling jewelry and crafts. Overall this was the nicest, more touristy place we have been. We all really liked the vibe and were excited to meet some new travelers. We went out to dinner at a fun beachy restaurant and I had my first salad of the trip- yummm! Then, we found a hotel right in the center of town that we thought was going to be great because it was also like a beach bungalow. That night we sat in the hammocks on the second story overlooking the main street of the town and people watched. However, we found out that night that it was in the loudest location possible, very dirt, smelled really bad and my mosquito next had some major flaws and I was bitten alive. So we moved to another, nice hostel- Montezuma Hostel. We had our own balcony overlooking the water with a hammock and our own bathroom. The only bad thing about it was the people above us were so loud every night, it sounded like they were having a party, moving furniture or something- so we barely slept any of the nights.
The next day was overcast again and chilly, but we hung out on the beach for a bit and then we ran into some of our friends that we went to the jungle with and we spent the afternoon in the hot tub at our hostel- which was basically a tub that they fillup with hot water for $1 a person (no jets and didn’t stay hot for long, but I loved it) That night we all went out to dinner together at a funky “upscale” restaurant where I paid about $6 for the best shrimp dish I have ever had and drinks. After we went to another bar and sat at a table next to the street and a jam band came and played in the street right in front of us, complete with a flame throwing act. After we went to another street where everyone just hangs out in the streets which are lined with little shacks that make really good drinks! It was fun to meet a bunch of new people from all around the world however, it wasn’t a late night because we wanted to save our energy for the next night when we went to a rave on the beach! We went with a group of people that we met from Ohio State and we had to forge through high tide, with waves crashing on the rocks by us- a little scary, but we made it to the rave, completely soaked through and danced until 5am. So Fun!!!! The next day we were so tired so we pretty much hung out all day, a little beach and then movies at our hostel- “Baby Mama” and the new “Batman”. Then the next day we work up early and left for our next coastal location.



Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Hostel TsunamiHostel Tsunami
Hostel Tsunami

our terrible hostel the first night


Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0699s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb