Peru, and things to come


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » West » Montañita
November 7th 2007
Published: November 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

MontanitaMontanitaMontanita

Cloudy, Cold Montanita. Still the best
Current Location: Trujillo (Huanchaco), Peru

Huanchaco is a small fishing village just to the north of Trujillo, famous for its reed boats (Caballitos de Tortora) which local fishermen still use to help bring in their catches. I really ended up in Huanchaco by chance. Four days ago while still in Montanita, Ecuador I met up with an Irish bloke and together, we set off on a mad, three day, bus/taxi blurr through Southern Ecuador, finally parting ways in Macara 3km from the border. In the bus station I had the choice between either going to Trujillo or Talara. The most I knew about either of the cities was that they were in Peru, both on the coast, and that Trujillo was farther south than Talara. Flip of a coin, and Trujillo it was.
Our journey took us through Salinas, GuayaQuil, Machala, and finally Loja. Looking back on the trip it seems a bit of a waste not having stopped for any significant length of time in these cities, but on simple first glance appearances none were worth it. In Quito and Montanita I met quite a few people who only half-jokingly called GuayaQuil, ¨Guy-will-kill-ya¨ and that was enough for me.
Huanchaco is a nice enough place that I may stick around for four or five days, Ill mainly decide by what the weather decides to do. When I leave here, Ill head South down the coast eventually ending up in Lima.

Finally got some pictures on the page

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb