Guayaquil


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » West » Guayaquil
April 19th 2015
Published: July 23rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

We flew from Lima to Guayaqui, Ecuado. From the window of the plane we could see large houses sitting on canals, it looked similar to Fort Lauderdale. We rented a room through Airbnb and Manuel was waiting at the airport to walk us to his apartment. The neighborhood near the airport is not very good but we are only spending the night so it is convient for a short turn around. We decide to visit The Parque Historico, it is listed as the #1 activity on Trip Advisor. We grabbed a taxie but I do not think it was an official taxie because the driver did not know where the Parque Historico was, so we showed him where the park was on a map. We ask him how much the ride costs and he said $8.00, we say $5.00 and he says OK. The Parque is free and it has different animals and birds such as Flamingos, Turtles, Tapirs, McCaws and many more. Different parts of the park represent different forest ecosystem. The park also includes an Architecture Zone, old homes have been moved here to preserve them. We really enjoyed our time in the Parque, since we had just come from the rainforest we were very interested in the animals, birds, forest types and history of Ecuado.

We walked from the Parque to a large shopping mall. We ate dinner at the food court and I bought a new bathing suit. We are going to take a seven night scuba dive live aboard boat and I want a second bathing suit since we will be in and out of the water all day. A taxie returns us to Manuel's apartment. We walked to a neighborhood store and bought some cereal and milk for breakfast The store is an open window, you tell the clerk what you want and they hand it out the window. Ecuador uses US dollars that that makes it easy to shop here. In the morning we walkEd back to the airport and off we fly to Baltra Island in the Gallpagoes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.256s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.1269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb