Bit of rest and relaxing in the valley of longevity


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South » Vilcabamba
May 12th 2007
Published: May 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Ok, so I appologise for the long gap in blogs here...but on the 12th May we went for some rest and relaxation in Vilcabamba to the south of Cuenca. Definately in need of it after Quito last weekend!

Arrived on the Friday night and stayed in an amazing hostal at the edge of town with the best brekkies I have had for a very long time! Had a nice long sleep and woke up fresh and re-freshed on the Saturday in time for our brekkie (yus!) and then off on a massive 4 hour hike up to the top of a big hill...views were incredible and hopefully will get someone elses photos on here soon (long story...well not really but ill get there later) could see the whole of the valley though. Beautiful.
Wandered back and consumed my body weight in water..then went for a lovely although very South American back massage and to have my nails done! All for $12. Woo! Kat had some mental red patterns put on her nails that actually lasted weeks! I ha angelic little flowers put on mine I think we swaped roles for a day!
Went for some well deserved food after that and then bought some good old rum and sat and watched the stars for a few hours putting the world to rights - incredible! Stars here arent the same as at home, somehow theres so many more and there so much clearer! Really beautiful anyway.

Sunday was a chilled hammocky affair, and then the 6 hours back to Cuenca before work on Monday!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0943s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb