Oh, life in Ecuador


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South » Loja
September 30th 2006
Published: September 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Lima airportLima airportLima airport

Here is Josh waiting to get on our plane from Lima, Peru, to Guayaquil, Ecuador.
Hello everyone,

I´m not going to write too much...
Ecuador is incredible (such an awful, stale word 'incredible'). The people are very friendly, and, interestingly enough, very interested in us. Everyone we meet wants to talk to us, know where we´re from, instead of trying to sell us something. As the months wear on, many travellers have vacated the country, returning to their homes after a summer abroad. There are not many foreigners (extraneros) in Loja, as of right now.

The hills are golden amber, dry from months of harsh sun exposure. The sky is expansive, filled with clouds moving quickly across the sky, and lush green valleys settled between the hills. The valleys hold animals, banana trees (Ecuador is south america´s leading producer of bananas), papayas, avacados, scorpions, a particular, hallucinogenic cactus named San Pedro, and quiet people who greet us with warm smiles and friendly talk.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Love,
Ellie, Josh, and Caitlin


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

LojaLoja
Loja

A photo I took at the central cathedral in Loja, where we are currently residing. Every day, there are small shops that line the entrances to the church (iglesia), selling candles and rosaries. It is quite beautiful.
LojaLoja
Loja

Local Lojanos standing in line outside the church, waiting to buy candles.
The apartmentThe apartment
The apartment

Here is picture of an apple pie that I made in our little oven (el horno) last week. It wasn't very good. But, I made an apple crisp this weekend, and it was much better.
The apartmentThe apartment
The apartment

This is image of the apartment, taken from the kitchenular area of the space.
The apartmentThe apartment
The apartment

Here is our dining room table complete with accessories.
The apartmentThe apartment
The apartment

Josh working on his sudoku book.


Tot: 0.208s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 12; qc: 66; dbt: 0.1315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb