July 19, 2014 - Work Day at Braulio and Chanel's House


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South » Cuenca
July 21st 2014
Published: July 21st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Braulio and Chanel have been living in a traditional Ecuadorian home for a young couple - a combination kitchen and dining room, a bedroom and a bathroom. But now with Mandy here they needed to expand. So Braulio got all the required permits and supplies and then we had a work day to help build two new rooms - a living room and a master bedroom.

At the Men's Bible Study Last month I asked all the guys if they would be willing to come to a work day to help out. Everyone volunteered. Even a couple that is only here for two months on an exploratory trip volunteered.

So we had a great group along with Braulio's brothers Emilio and Boris. We got started about 10:00 and finished about 4:00 (Saturday). The walls could not be completed, because we could only go so high and then you have to let the mortar dry and cure. It takes about two days, if it doesn't rain, which it did today (Sunday).

Sorry the pictures are so blurry, Debi forgot to clean the lens of her iPad.

This afternoon after church we went over to Braulio's school to check on the results of his final exams. He has been going to school from 6:30 to 10:00 every evening (Mon thru Fri) for the past six months to get his professional drivers license. He had four tests this past week. One each night, Mon thru Thurs. His final scores were 20/20, 18/20. 20/20 and 20/20. For what we would calla final score of 97.5%. We are very proud of him.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0253s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb