July 10, 2014 - New house


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South » Cuenca
July 12th 2014
Published: July 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Ever since we arrived our church has been planning to move. The building for the church is owned by the church, but they only lease the land. The owner wants to build a high-rise building. We were supposed to be off the property in January, but the city has imposed so many different permits that we had to jump through so many hoops that we just had the last permit signed last week. So the construction will start on Monday.

Knowing that, Debi and I decided that we wanted to move closer to the church, so we started looking around this week. We told everyone at the bible studies on Tuesday and asked them to pray for us.

That evening we both got on line to see if we could find something. We found one house and had Braulio call them on Wednesday morning to see if we could look at it. We went over and the house was extremely small and was at the top of a very steep hill. It had a great view, but we were not sure about it.

Braulio drove us around the neighborhood to see if there was an easier way to walk to the house. As we drove by one house it had a sign that I had seen the day before, but the house was so large that I thought that the sign was about apartments. When Braulio read it he said, “No, the sign says for the house.”

He called the woman and asked how much it was renting for and she told him $300. He asked if we could see the house right away. She came over in about ten minutes. We went in and the house is enormous. There are six bedrooms, three and a half bathrooms, kitchen, living room, dining room, maid’s room, study, and bonus area on the second floor. There is a parking space to the left of the house and a garage to the right.

The third floor has a roof top balcony about 10’ x 15’ with an awesome view of the entire city. There is also a very large room that could be made into a dormitory room for three or four people and there is a bathroom on that floor as well.

As soon as we told the young woman that we definitely wanted the house she went outside and told someone who was waiting to see the house that it was already rented. She also told us that she had two others coming in the afternoon to look at it.

God is so great. We will be able to have bible studies and if the medical missionaries that Pastor Fredy has spoken of come, we will be able to host a number of them.

Who says that God doesn't answer prayer?


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.302s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb