Escuelar de Capacitacion (School of Training) Open House - 13 May 14


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South » Cuenca
May 14th 2014
Published: May 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our friend Braulio has been going to school five nights a week to get his Professional Drivers License. On Tuesday the school had an open house at Parque de la Madre, so Debi, myself, Chanel and Mandy all took a bus into town (with me carrying a large stroller) to support him. Normally this is not an easy feat. The bus drivers usually try to pick people up and drop them off on the run.

The bus we take only comes by about a block and a half from our house. It usually comes up the hill about 10 minutes before the hour and goes back down about 10 minutes after the hour. As we left our house at about 5 minutes before the hour, we were delayed a few minutes by our landlord, Don Julio (he does not speak English and we are still limited in our Spanish). Then we seen the bus going down the hill. We yelled and whistled and even Don Julio (an 80 year old) started running for the corner. We thought for sure that we had missed the bus because he was running about 10 minutes early.

But the Lord was with us. We got to the corner and the bus was at the bus stop on the next corner, just waiting for us. You don't know how strange this was. They never wait for anyone, and I have even seen them just pass by someone who is running to catch the bus.

Anyway, this particular bus was not going all the way to the parque (park), but it was a nice morning and we enjoyed walking along the river. We got to the park and saw all the booths that had been set up. I expected it to be just for Braulio's school, but there were booth for Psychology, Human Resources, Construction, Transportation, and others.

They had a number of officials there, high school drum sections playing almost in a competition, indigenous dancers, and a number of other activities taking place. Of course I took a bunch of pictures of the goings-on and later while just sitting waiting for Braulio to get 'off duty' I snapped some of the area around the park, and of course sweet Mandy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb