Merry Christmas Eve!


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South » Cuenca
December 24th 2007
Published: December 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Salsa Lessons!Salsa Lessons!Salsa Lessons!

We had a great private salsa lesson in a dance studio for Missy's bday and then we went out to the clubs where people were happy to give us more lessons (and to show off!)
Hello Everyone!

So it is Christmas Eve and we have never been more filled with Christmas Spirit and Cheer! My brother and Missy arrived to Cuenca on Saturday (Missy's "29th" birthday) and after some Salsa lessons and a night of non-stop dancing, we all became Santa's elves. A miraculous amount of money was raised for the shelter and we have shopping, shopping, shopping for the women, kids, and the Casa. God has blessed every stop we made, and we have been able to negotiate discounts, deliveries and have had friends help us out with transportation. We found nearly everything we needed in a record amount of time. Last night our house transformed into Santa's workshop and we wrapped the night away! Everyone has been so wonderful and helpful and we cannot wait to see the look on the faces of all the children we they realize how many people care, and remembered them this Christmas. We will have the celebration later today and will be sure to post pictures of it afterward. A Big THANK YOU to everyone who made this celebration possible and please, on this holiday, keep the women and children in your prayers.

We love you
First stop, JugatonFirst stop, JugatonFirst stop, Jugaton

Here is where we found the perfect GIANT playset. As we were disassembling it, kids were still trying to climb on the parts. Half of the store's employees helped us carry the pieces of the playset out to the street where we managed to fit it ALL into one little truck!
all!

Karina + Chris


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Next stop, Coral!Next stop, Coral!
Next stop, Coral!

After four hours in the Walmart like hipermercado we had everything we needed and were ready to wrap!
And the wrapping begins...And the wrapping begins...
And the wrapping begins...

With some good homemade eggnog, tape and scissor we were ready to pull an all-nighter!
Mike wraps onMike wraps on
Mike wraps on

Mike and Missy are troopers, as soon as they got to Cuenca for their "vacation" we put them to work!
Hi-HoHi-Ho
Hi-Ho

Wrapping finished, the Elves are off to their work!


26th December 2007

god bless you guys.a noble thing to do.keep up the blog.i enjoy reading it.

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb