Our last stop in Ecuador


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South » Cuenca
May 9th 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We were gutted to be leaving the Galapagos and will be taking away many happy memories and will hopefully be back one day.

Next up was a very busy day to try and get to Cuenca. We landed back in Guayaquil at 1pm and were in a rush to get to the bus station for a 4 hour journey and try and get to Cuenca before it was dark as we didn’t fancy walking around in the dark looking for a hotel. We managed to get there in enough time and after checking out a few hotels we booked into Hotel Milan, I think somebody was taking the piss with that (After recently getting beat off them in the Champs league!) The hotel was very nice so can’t complain too much!

Cuenca itself is a pretty city and very typical of what we have seen throughout the major city’s of Ecuador but nothing outstanding to come out of your way for.

One place we did visit was the Incan Ruins of Ingapica. We were preparing ourselves for the number we have planned to see in Peru next month. The ruins were nothing special and like a lot of the ruins in this part of the world you really have to use your imagination as it’s mostly walls of up to 3-4 ft high or they just look like large sand mounds.

This was our last stop in Ecuador and we have had a great time and a perfect place to get used to the South American way of life. Next up is Peru for Machu Picchu, the Nazca lines and shit loads of Inca and pre Incan ruins to name but a few things we are planning to see.







Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb