Day 62: Quiet day in Quito


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito
June 7th 2013
Published: June 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today we woke feeling lazy and decided to have a catch up day which probably was needed! We woke up at about 6.30 which was actually good cos the tennis semi - rafa/djokovic had started at 6am. So instead of dozing back to sleep which I would usually do at 6am, we switched the tennis on and proceeded to water an epic 4.5 hour match in bed! We did get up at one point and go down and have our breakie which was included. Simple but delicious. Fresh, warm bread, granola, fruit, yoghurt, juice and coffee. They did have a coffee machine so we asked for a latte. She said ok then went on to spend the next 15 mins attempting to our together a latte but it just wasnt working so we kindly put her out of her misery and said not to worry! All full up, satisfied and back to the tennis in bed! Well actually Ben was showered, dressed and on the bed. I was not! Anyway 4.5 hours later and victory was rafa's!! Wahhoooo he's back! I thought then and got told firmly it was now time to get up and shower! I prob would have complained elsewhere but not here! I couldn't wait to get in that incredible shower! I even have a casa joaquin shower song which has one line repeated in high pitch, amazing tone - "I'm in love with a beautiful shower!" This one liner was stuck in our heads for the entire day and continues to be! But it did deserve a song! What a shower! Anyway....Showered, dressed and we decided we should prob leave the hotel so we dropped the laundry off and went for a wander into the main area of town near our hotel. There was a big soccer game Peru vs Ecuador World Cup qualifier on tonight so the place was full of ppl trying to sell us flags and hats and Ecuador t-shirts! Everybody was in very good spirits! We decided to go back to our dinner restaurant but just share a focaccia for lunch and a milkshake each! This was made even better by the fact that they were showing the tennis. Next semi final with ferrer and Tsonga! We ended up staying and watching this till the end and booking our next few hotels using their wifi. Then decided it was time we got off our butts!Off we went wandering and stumbled across a photo developing place! Who knew they still existed?! But they do and we were stoked cos we have our $20 underwater camera that we bought in Honduras and used mainly in Galapagos. Our only evidence of swimming with sea turtles if they come out!! Even if we get a glimpse of one it'll be worth it! So we went back to the hotel, grabbed our camera and dropped it in. Technology nowadays - we can now get these cameras developed onto a disc! Perfect! Pick up 6pm! Fingers crossed!After a bit of artisan shopping we decided it was time for a coffee so found a quirky looking place and settled in. Ben had a latte which he said wasnt too bad and I had her version of a chai latte which was unlike a chai latte and very much made my insides feel like they were on fire! Odd! But it was a funky place so we enjoyed our lil coffee date 😊 Back to the hotel and we had a load of admin stuff to do! Amazon blogs, bank stuff, booking hotels and buses! Blah blah. So we sat on the roof top of our hotel which was lovely in the sun and I procrastinated and did everything other than blogs for about an hour! Ben sat in the sun and read! 😊 what a life! I don't even really know what we did for the next few hours but it seemed to pass quick! Ben ran and picked up the pics at 6pm as I skyped home. He came back very excited as the hotel manager had let him look at them on his laptop and copy them to our hard drive, and they had come out better than we expected! You can def see turtles! And even some pics with us and turtles in the one pic! Bonus! He also came back with the manager in tow carrying a tray with 2 Belgium chocs and 2 lattes for us, apologising for the fact we couldn't have one this morning! Honestly, service in this place is top notch!We went to a nice Mexican place for dinner - red hot chilli peppers! It's was quick, easy and tasty! And as you can see from the pic i was pretty excited! After dinner we wandered around in town watching everyone yahooing and gathering to watch the game! Everyone was dressed up and there were dancers etc! Cool atmosphere and some dedicated fans! We took it all I and then headed back to pack our bags up to head to banos tomorrow, and also to Skype bens travelling parents and hear about their swanky new caravan! We have really enjoyed our day chilling out and catching up today and our hotel is seriously amazing! Highly highly recommend it! Off to banos tomorrow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb