strikes and protests put a damper on the weekend


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito
March 26th 2006
Published: March 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey Everyone! so this week has been pretty quiet. we did the regular cleaning and feeding and such but we had to make sure everything was tip top because the ministry inspectors were coming to check things out. we have these three animals that we just call rats but they aren´t really rats, i can´t remember the names except in spanish they are called juantas and juatusis. anyway, we built them a new cage! along with antwon the anteater will be getting a new cage! tina the sloth has finally been eating and pooping, it may sound strange but this is really great news for us! the highlight of the week was kyle and i getting to ride a donkey!!!!! we had planned on going to latacunga for the weekend to ride donkeys around a huge crater and when we talked with johnny, the owner, he said that it was a really bad idea because of so many road blocks and protests. the ecuadorians are really against the fair trade agreements with the U.S. so he said that instead of us going to the donkeys he would bring them to us. saturday was leon´s birthday and we had so much food, great local band, and dancing all night. kyle and i played with the donkey all afternoon and as of right now is living outside our flat, its cool because our flatmates love him too.

happy trails to you!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb