Another day in Quito


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito
February 28th 2007
Published: March 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Had a rather uneventful day at school with yet more grammar. I know it is needed but I can´t help thinking it would be better if I actually learned to say something. After all, Í´ve got to be speaking Spanish for the next six months! Went to the internet cafe in the afternoon where the owner is really getting to recognise us, we come in so often. Really nice place where they have tea (always important) and a fish tank with mini Easter Island statues inside. Sophie B stayed behind as she wasn´t feeling well but wanted to come out that night.

We´d agreed to meet up with the others at Papaya Net at 7 having finally managed to contact them by leaving messages on the board at school for them to answer in the afternoon. Takes ages but is fairly effective.

Anyway, went out for a meal and ended up in ´Mungo´s Mongolian Barbeque´. So, not kidding. The Mariscal does have some fairly tacky places in it including a fake-bamboo covered Chinese and what looks like an Wild West saloon. We had a buffet where you had to choose your (raw!) food and then have it cooked on
Jack getting in touch with his feminine sideJack getting in touch with his feminine sideJack getting in touch with his feminine side

Jack modelling Louisa´s scarf
the central barbeque thing. Not sure how good the health and safety standards were as they didn´t seem too bothered about putting the raw meat next to everything but was surprisingly good. Went on to the club (Wednesday is Ladies´ Night with free entry and drinks before ten) where they started playing the cheesiest disco music ever. All good fun though, despite not leaving til two and having to be at school in six hours time! I hope I just adjust to being sleep-deprived here!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0203s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb