School trip!


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito
February 22nd 2007
Published: February 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Woke up really late (well 7.30 anyway) and were supposed to be at the school for 8.20. That was never going to happen and as usual we turned up late (about half an hour late). Set off for the weekly school trip, today to Rio Pita - waterfalls an hour outside of Quito. Feeling crap and managed to be sick on the bus. Sophie delightfully pointed out that I could have got my drink spiked last night but I think it´s just something I ate as I was horribly ill the whole day and couldn´t even drink water. Turned out to be a two and a half hour walk to the waterfalls once we´d arrived - not fun when you can´t drink anything. Cooled down by wading across the river and squelching through ankle-deep mud on the other side. Very fun! Jack even managed to get behind the waterfall and out the other side. We got absolutley soaking without a change of clothes - typical really! Trudged back after lunch (which I didn´t eat) and managed to be sick a total of ten times on the trip (you know you want to hear this really!) Feeling a bit better once we got home, I don´t think the sun helped today, and managed to eat something. We watched another DVD and had some gorgeous hot chocolate that Silvie had had sent all the way from Switzerland. Elisabet and Louise are off to the jungle soon - it´ll be sad to see them go although they´re coming back briefly next Wednesday to pick up their stuff.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Everyone at dinnerEveryone at dinner
Everyone at dinner

Sophie G., Elisabet, Louise, Lorena, Sylvie and Sophie B (and Jesus of course)
Lorena (our ´mother´!)Lorena (our ´mother´!)
Lorena (our ´mother´!)

Yup, that is a large bottle of rum she´s trying to open with a bread knife!


27th February 2007

Oh Pretty Waterfalls
Hi Kat! Lovely photos. It's so nice to see all the places you talk about. I love your travel blog - well done! Hope you feel much better now. Don't let puking slow you down (it's all part and parcel of the gap year experience anyway - and you must be a pro by now!) Take care and have fun!!
29th December 2010
Pretty waterfalls

this water fall is very cute i wish i could just float in it but where im at now its super cold so maybe not

Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 29; qc: 147; dbt: 0.1428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb