A day in Quito


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito » Historical Center
April 8th 2011
Published: April 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We arrived Wednesday evening at 9:50 local time. Hotel is very nice full of Ecudorian character.

Breakfast was a traditional Ecudorian of scrambled eggs, bread, jam and coffee / tea.

After breakfast we took the trole (tram bus) into the historic centre of Quito. Visited some churches including Basilica (climbed lots of towers to see the views of Quito) then walked via government buildings to Plaza De San Fransisco, the main square.

Tried lots of juices and milk shakes in a local cafe such as mora (blackberry), passion fruit and naranjilla. these seemed to go down well.

In the afternoon we met up with Alberto who is the head of a local school which has been supported by the College. We took the local bus and spent the afternoon with the staff and pupils (4 to 12 year olds).

This was followed by a trip to a artisan market and many purchases were made!!!

The evening was spent in a local restaurent where every one had traditional Ecudorian food such as cheese polenta mix baked in banana leaves, vegitable rice, beaf stake with beans, pork with potatoe patties (and fried banans).



Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb