Accents, and Mindo


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Mindo
August 6th 2006
Published: August 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Mauricio, Pascual, and Giovanny are from the Southern coast of Ecuador. According to one of my guide books, people there tend to drop "s" in the middle of words. For example, when Pascual says Esta bien? it comes out E'ta bien? or even 'ta bien?. He's the most articulate of the three.

Frank, Matt and I walked into Mindo to do some data entry somewhere with a constant power supply. The walk in was worth it because we saw a pair of Guayaquil woodpeckers in the pasture on the way in (no picture, unfortunately). Along with an owl I had dearly wanted to see one of the larger woodpeckers while I was in Ecuador, so both my wishes were fulfilled.

In town the people are all very friendly. It is amazingly busy at 8:30 on a Sunday morning. We bought wine and liquor, and entered data at an Inn where Dusti knows the owner. We saw a local woman throwing a bag of trash into a ravine off the side of the road. Mindo does have trash pickup, we saw it when we were in town earlier. Presumably it is too expensive for some.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1002.6kb