San Cristobal


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Galápagos
June 12th 2006
Published: September 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today we got on our flight to the Galapagos. We met our prof for our Galapagos section at the airport in Quito. He flew with us. We stopped in Guayaquil a coastal city in Ecuador but we didn’t have to get off the plane. While we were stopped, one of the girls from our group had a seizure on the plane. She was taken off and to a hospital and our prof went with her. We arrived at the airport in San Cristobal. We drove to Hotel Mar Azul where we stayed for the next week. The place were we ate lunch was right on the beach and our group was immediately attracted to the sea lions. Sea lions are everywhere in the Galapagos and a common sight but we never got tired of taking pictures of sea lions. We got a tour of GAIAS (Galapagos Academic Institute of Arts and Science) the place where we had breakfast and lectures and then swam on the beach in front of it. The taxis on the island were white trucks and everyone piled into the back and we paid a dollar to go anywhere we wanted. It was useful in mornings to get to GAIAS for breakfast even though it was a short walk.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

GAIASGAIAS
GAIAS

GAIAS and people piling into a taxi


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb