Leaving San Cristobal and back to Guayaquil


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Galápagos
October 12th 2005
Published: February 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Brenda, Bernie and SukiBrenda, Bernie and SukiBrenda, Bernie and Suki

On our way to San Cristobal. The tilting of the heads is an inside joke!
We had our last breakfast on the boat and gave our waitor a nice tip, then to the lounge for our Frigate name to be called for the last time. Our last dinghy ride took us back to San Cristobal Island where we waited around for about an hour before going back to the airport. We walked around Puerto Ayora and what a coincidence that the last wildlife we see is the same as the first we saw 4 days ago; sea lions. We had a picture taken of the 3 of us by the dock and then went souvenir shopping for shirts and postcards. This town had some pretty colored buildings of yellow, pink and blue. While we were relaxing with our colas, we saw our favorite guides and asked if we could get a picture of the 3 of them. A bus then took us to the airport and we sat around the open area for over an hour until called. After going through security, everybody was placed in one big room with nothing but rows of chairs while waiting for our flight to be called. We had a nice flight back to Guayaquil where Maria from General Tours picked us up and took us back to the Hotel Colon. Again we were greeted with a washcloth and a fruity drink upon arrival. Bernie and I threw away our tennis shoes; thanks to the turtle dung and whatever else they were contaminated with. None of us are big shoppers so we hung out at the hotel pool before dinner instead of going into town.

The next morning after breakfast, Maria and the van driver took us to the airport for our return flight back to the states. At the Guayaquil airport, one shop was selling scarves for 2/ $5. They were soft and had different prints. Our flight was uneventful as we had a long layover in Miami again and then back to Pittsburgh. It was dark when we left Miami and I got some good night pictures of the city from the sky.

As I reflect back, I had quite the wonderful experience of a once in a lifetime trip to see some unique types of wildlife not seen in zoos. My favorite being the blue-footed boobies, although the Frigates were interesting to watch.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Puerto AyoraPuerto Ayora
Puerto Ayora

San Cristobal
Port at Puerto Ayora Port at Puerto Ayora
Port at Puerto Ayora

Sea lions basked on the beach here also.
Our guidesOur guides
Our guides

Fabian, Roberto and Mauricio
MiamiMiami
Miami

from the air


Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb