Galapagos II


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Galápagos
January 14th 2007
Published: February 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

We flew to the Galapagos without any plans or reservations. By far the best travel agency is Moonrise and if you are looking for a cruise, that's the place to go. We were offered quite a few boats varying in price range that were to leave in the next couple of days. The first day we went to the Charles Darwin Research Center. The following day we booked 3 day trip to Isabella Island and stayed there for two nights. We rode on horseback up to Volcan Chico which was fun because they weren't trail horses and you can get them to gallop. I had never ridden a horse before and Tiffany had years of childhood sleep-away horse camp under her belt. It was a workout. I ended up with a lot of bruises. Later we went swimming and snorkeling. The next day we took a boat back to Puerto Ayora, relaxed and booked a 4 day cruise to the northern circuit. We stayed at the Sir Francis Drake which was by far the best we found in the $20-25 range. The next day we went scuba diving at Gordon Rocks where we saw sea turtles, sea lions, hammerhead sharks, and lots of fish. Later that day we packed up our stuff and boarded our boat, the Suliday. It was a tourist class boat and we paid $330 per person. It was nice and had great food and AC in the cabins. The boat has the capacity for 12 but there were only 7 of us so we had some extra space. Over the next 3 days we did lots of snorkeling and toured the northern half of the Galapagos. On the last day they dropped us at the airport and we flew to Quito.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0664s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb