Genovesa


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Galápagos » Genovesa Island
December 20th 2009
Published: December 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I was very fortunate to be able to visit the island of Genovesa. The Guantanamera boat is one of the only tourist class boats that make the trek so far north to see this island, which was part of the reason why I ended up choosing this boat. We started the day by taking the dinghy boat around the cliffs of the island and getting a better look at Darwin´s Bay. Genovesa is famous for its red footed boobies and fur sea lions, along with many other species of frigate birds, tropid birds,a nd swallow-tailed gulls.

Because of the lack of boat traffic here the water was very undisturbed and crystal clear - you could see all the fish swimming in the reef below right from the dinghy boat! We did a quick hike across the island to get a better look at the red footed boobies, and here waters were quite a bit more rough. Snorkeling here before lunch was quite the workout thats for sure! In the afternoon they took us to a calmer place to snorkel and I seen a ton of manta rays.

Since tomorrow would be everyones last day (except me of course) the crew had a special goodbye party. They all dressed up in their sailor suits and served us cocktails on the deck. It was very classy I must admit, even our guide Gustavo got decked out in a dress shirt, dress pants, and dress shoes!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb