White Water Rafting


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » East » Tena
December 12th 2006
Published: December 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The 1st day of activity for the Kumuka Foomar gang. Foomar is the name of our truck, name is based on some story about being near cows and stepping in manure... Never sure if/when our driver is have one over us.

The river was a class 4, we were originally scheduled for a class 3, but due to heavy rains, the road and two bridges were washed away closing access to the other river.

The 1st part of the day was completed by going for a swim in a near by waterhole. Our leader Tim, led us up to a water fall, up a ladder to a ledge, overlooking the waterhole. Standing before us was an 9m drop below. Oh, we jump, shit, courage was gathered, and shaking legs were ignored as the majority of the gang took the leap of faith into the water below. Wow!

A great way to see the river, and shear volume of water was impressive, the rapids great fun, a few spills and thrills along the way. Our canoe riding rescuer, Abby, got swallowed, disappearing into the river for 15-20 seconds. Bated breath from the passengers!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb