21 Trekking After Malinguapamba


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Centre » Quilotoa
March 6th 2013
Published: March 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Back to Travelogue -- after completing tasks in and around Malinguapamba, i decided to trek part of the Quilotoa Loop and so ditched some gear and for the first time in many years hiked lightweight with all my possetions on my back. Learned quickly that there are infinite possibilities in terms of trails because everyone walks here, also that it is, indeed, best to trek downhill and hitchhike uphill :-)

My first ride was with Sacatoro Clan (I suspect Dona Josefina sent them), then more walking inoto foggy evening when local Pastor made sure i got to Hostal Llullullama in Isinlivi. After some R&R/laundry and Sunday service at local church, did some short hikes and visited famous woodworking facility now focused upon renovation of chapel. Continued trek to Sigchos where buses connect to Latacunga and Quito.

I highly recomend all visiting engineers, Rotarians, etc, consider adding a few R&R days to your service trip, especially hiking/trekking in the Quilotoa area and stay at Hostal Llullullama -- quite cozy with wonderful food after being in the field.

Thankful for a great trip and chance to grow some facial hair. This is Geoff signing off (for now). Adios!


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0768s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb