Travel on the road for the Valle del Cauca


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Valle de Cauca » Lago Calima
September 13th 2012
Published: September 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Valle del Cauca


Additional maps: Untitled

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Canopy 1 8 secs
2: Canopy 2 9 secs
3: Cabalgata_Restrepo_1 78 secs
4: Cabalgata_Restrepo_2 3 secs
I want to invite you to know the best rides in Colombia; these are the rides in the Valle del Cauca. Normally we find the hottest places and most beautiful scenery in the country.



Lately these rides have become more common. A few years before getting into the car and take the road could be considered risky, depending on your final destination. But today this has changed a lot and we are increasingly Colombians we met on the road.



The mini tour of the Valle del Cauca begins one day prior to the revision of the vehicle, then be checked oil levels, water, road kit, brakes; after the inspection we have to rest.



To visit the 8 municipalities had to be up early at about 5:00 am, approached my vehicle from CALI and our first stop was in the town of YUMBO, which will take advantage of the low price to supply fuel in the vehicle. I remember in this town we saw several companies that have their production facilities located here, such as Smurfit Kappa Carton de Colombia, Sab Miller Brewery, Argos Cement, and others. It was interesting to have known more about the industrial capital and the several companies that contribute to the economic development of the Valle del Cauca. Once across the YUMBO proceeded to take the road that Panorama is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful in Colombia.



It was about 7:00 am and we were in the town of VIJES. On one side of the road is Taypa a restaurant characterized by selling the largest “Tostada de Platano” of Valle del Cauca, without much thought went in and we had not eaten breakfast leveraging decided to order a super toast "Ahogado" (Stew onions and tomatoes), when served could not believe the size of this, I was about 40 cm in diameter.



We resumed the journey around 10:00 am and crossed the toll YOTOCO having a value of $ 3.3 dollars, enter this town to know and we have a particular way of transport "yotoqueño Taxi", consists basically of a car bike and mounted to give a tour inside the township has a $ 1.0 dollar. We also went to Coco Guapi to test milk and other coconut products, was very rich and refreshing.



Again we return to the tour at about 11:30 am and could not stay without visiting the city lady Colombia, GUADALAJARA DE BUGA. This city is the most devout of the department of Valle del Cauca, his main employer is EL SEÑOR DE LOS MILAGROS and most visiting it promises Vallecaucanos we pay to get a miracle. I had my current promise and that was the opportunity to do it, visit the Basilica of EL SEÑOR DE LOS MILAGROS mecca great pilgrimages and center of spirituality and faith, also visited the Museum of the Basilica, where you can find a lot thanks plates by persons who obtained a miracle. We had lunch at the restaurant The Big Chop, nothing more and nothing less than a succulent pork chop, rice, chips French and could not miss the coke and soda.



Being almost 4:00 pm we decided to continue our journey to PUENTE TIERRA, take the road that goes from MEDIA CANOA to BUENAVENTURA, at first I felt a little scared by the large number of trucks traveling on this road, but I quickly prudence realized that everyone has to drive on this road, and my concern is around in confidence.



PUENTE TIERRA arrived at 5:00 pm, and within minutes was able to get a rental property in Calima Lake Vacation Center, which contains large houses with several rooms, pools, and especially a large group of friends or family. I think today these farms could be considered as the summer home of the Colombians. I really liked being in one of them, these rides are really ours, really if you are foreign to us as we Colombians are: "Good and Simple Life." The farm we had a stunning view of the Calima Lake, and I was thrilled to think of man's ingenuity to build a dam with an artificial lake in the middle of the range. We rest because we knew that the next day would be exciting and a stressful time.



And woke early at about 6:00 am we were ready to Jet Sky, was a wonderful experience, we rented two jet skis for more than 30 minutes at a cost of $ 20 (p / u). It was a beautiful drive which enjoys a high adrenaline sports and a spectacular view of Calima Lake.



At 9:30 am we left RESTREPO, arrived at the restaurant La Caseta de San Pablo where tilapia fried breakfast and then rented two horses rode the municipality in a mini parade with "Horse Trocha" was fascinating experience air travel free in the middle of nature.



At 12:30 we left for the western mountains PAVAS km 40, was a journey of which enjoy beautiful landscapes from the beginning of the trip. The change in temperature between municipalities so close was the most curious genus me. It can be in a town where the temperature is 28 ° C to another with a temperature of 20 ° C in less than 20 km away from each other.



In PAVAS the tour was very short because it generated much traffic congestion in the town square and not finds location to park.



At 1:40 we reached LA CUMBRE, and with an impressive hunger we enter a very special restaurant located in the central square of the town called Chickens Summit, this is characterized by field selling roasted chickens. A chicken of these can weigh around 5 kg. With our bellies full well we decided to take a ride in "Brujita" which is a
Restrepo ChurchRestrepo ChurchRestrepo Church

The tallest church in Colombia
kind of truck with wooden platform and ball bearings that can be adjusted to move along the rails of a train, it costs $ 1.50 and lasts the tour 15 minutes. This tour took us to a waterfall where practice other extreme sport.



With adrenaline still overflowing by the speed of the "Brujita" Canopy decided to practice with a value of $ 2.0 dollars thrown from the top of a tree over 20 meters. It was the end I made in my life, so much so that I decided to repeat the thrown. Already with little energy we went back to the same "Brujita" to the main square. My craving Wafer with Caramel, cheese and condensed milk turned it around 5:00 pm.



It being 6:00 pm wanting to be home decided to pack and return to CALI, but not before chilling down the road that connects LA CUMBRE with YUMBO.



The tour was fascinating, the best adventure I've lived and close to my hometown, I recommend not to be missed is wonderful to visit Colombia.



Greetings all.


Additional photos below
Photos: 59, Displayed: 26


Advertisement

FriendsFriends
Friends

With my friends
Canopy practiceCanopy practice
Canopy practice

with my beautiful girlfriend


Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb