Aguapanela con queso


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Quindío » Salento
September 7th 2012
Published: September 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Pereira was another big city with not much to offer for tourists apart from te fact that it's situated in the centre of the coffee region. So on our secod day we made a one day trip to manizales where we did a coffee tour, learning about origins of coffee, Colombian plantations, the distinguishing of good and bad coffee and different flavours and the process from planting the coffee seeto over harvesting it, washing, drying and we even roasted our own coffee. Besides that we walked around Manizales where we ordered lunch without knowing what it was. We relaxed in pereira and ate the best empanadas from the street vendors.

After three days we headed towards salento, a beautiful 7,000 people town, situated among the hills. On the first day we discovered the best dish "trucha" it's a kind of trout, looking like salmon and tasting delicious. The next day we went to Cocora valley where we did an amazing 6 hour hike, crossing old shabby bridges to pass the river, climbing steep hills, touching hummingbirds and looking over an amazing landscape. In the evening we listed to some live music in a local bar.

The next day we went to another beautiful somewhat bigger town circasia where we stayed over night with our host and his family, with whom we had some traditional meals and visited another town called filandia.

The charm of the small towns is amazing and the locals are even more elfin and lovely than in other places, we tasted some delicious homemade deserts and enjoyed wandering around the streets.

We arrived in Cali 3 days ago and will post more about this crazy town soon x


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb