Colombia, a continuing story ...


Advertisement
South America » Colombia » Manizales
July 29th 2010
Published: July 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Ok, Colombia is good. It's actually too good to leave on a short notice, so we're still here. The funny thing is that fellow travellers have the same issue: They also just keep on extending their stay here. It's really remarkable, but Colombia has it all: Mountains, beaches, deserts, jungles, cool cities, nice people and enough stuff to see without other loads of tourists (and yes, you can still m... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Street view in SalentoStreet view in Salento
Street view in Salento

Small village in the heart of the mountains. A magical place...
Urban sunsetUrban sunset
Urban sunset

Still in Salento...
Day 2 in Valle de CocoraDay 2 in Valle de Cocora
Day 2 in Valle de Cocora

We called this "tsunami on the hills". The clouds were rolling among the wax palms, beautiful.
Always look on the bright side of Life!!!Always look on the bright side of Life!!!
Always look on the bright side of Life!!!

Smiling puppets near the gallows.... Exhibition in Cali about Colombias history with strong highlight on the Spanish conquistadores...
Popayan - PastoPopayan - Pasto
Popayan - Pasto

Just a quick snapshot taken from the bus.
¿The new 'Holy Cow'?¿The new 'Holy Cow'?
¿The new 'Holy Cow'?

Lovely church in Pasto. We loved the 'modern' ornaments and decorations inside it.
PastoPasto
Pasto

The old main square in Pasto. The new square is ugly and empty. But the looks of the old main square are deceiving: no matter how pretty it looks like, the tinto´s there are shit...
Internal Memo: No more Meindl!!!!Internal Memo: No more Meindl!!!!
Internal Memo: No more Meindl!!!!

Never-ever again will I get Meindl boots. I got shoe size 47, the largest sizes here are most of the time not larger than 42. My lovely boots needed some repairs... Got them fixed with rubber patches and loads of glue. Did the trick though.



30th July 2010

Hey Chris and Agi, Great to read the stories of your adventures all over the world!! Nice pictures too! So Colombia is a good place to stay, nice to hear and much different from the information I know about the war on drugs and the crime. Do you see or hear things about that? It's always so much different when you're there I think. Beautiful nature too! Have fun with the diving tour you've planned! I hope there's some money left for the Galapagos Islands?!? Johan and I are also going to an holiday-island. This time it's Vlieland!
3rd August 2010

I'm guessing it's you.....
Hey Manja, Colombia is really beautifull and divers: mountains, seas, culture, nature, people, cities and excellent food (although the wines are too expensive....). It's not too touristic and all the points of interest are safe. But relating the drugs: Yes, it's present and we know of coke-parties, but not really our style and besides that: in case you look for it, guess it's a bit the same in Holland... Galapagos is not sure yet, but relating Vlieland: we do miss the Dutch wheater once in a while and the Dutch seafood.... Adios C&A Ps, and before you start crying: Yes, we also miss you (a bit)....
4th August 2010

More South America for the win!
Hey guys, thanks for posting again, nice read, although more photos of people wouldn't hurt. And the Escobar painting is a gem, really! Chris, how's your Spanish, si usted sabe lo que quiero decir? BTW, are you guys going to visit Bolivia? If yes, then check out the train graveyard in Uyuni, and post more pics!
12th August 2010

Hablo solemente una poquito....
Okay I speak only a bit Spanish, but Agi speaks quite a bit. But then again she spoke fluent Italian, which is really useful. No clue whether Bolivia is in the plan. First wrap up Colombia, meet friends in Peru and then ... ????
4th March 2011
The Dutch team according the Colombians...

Briliant
Brilliant :-) I love that Chuck Norris is in there :-D

Tot: 0.346s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 20; qc: 92; dbt: 0.0867s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb