Another Day in Colombia, Another Protest


Advertisement
South America » Colombia » Bogota
November 4th 2011
Published: November 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

"It's time 4 new direction It's time 4 jazz 2 die 4th day of November We need a purple high." Prince, All The Critics Love U In New York This is a delayed post from early September. And any chance I have to throw in a Prince lyric, I'm gonna do it. So my second day back in Bogotá and I'm hanging out with this guy Nick from Portland, Oregon. We are walking by Simon Bolivar... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Personería de Bogotá, D.C.Personería de Bogotá, D.C.
Personería de Bogotá, D.C.

from the website www.personeriabogota.gov.co/ Mission The Personality of Bogotá Promotes, reports, acts as guarantor of human rights defender and the interests of the city. It exercises oversight, prosecutors, monitors the implementation of standards and conduct of public servants district.
Move along now, nothing to see here.Move along now, nothing to see here.
Move along now, nothing to see here.

End of the protest in the street for today.
Capitolio Nacional 1Capitolio Nacional 1
Capitolio Nacional 1

Aftermath of protests to Capitolio Nacional ("National Capitol") building in central Bogotá where Congreso de la República de Colombia ( Congress of the Republic of Colombia) meets.
Capitolio Nacional 2Capitolio Nacional 2
Capitolio Nacional 2

Protesters had to climb over barricades and get past the riot police to be able to spray paint the building.
Capitolio Nacional 5Capitolio Nacional 5
Capitolio Nacional 5

Aftermath of protests to Capitolio Nacional ("National Capitol") building in central Bogotá where Congreso de la República de Colombia ( Congress of the Republic of Colombia) meets



18th November 2011

Ibague
Dude, while in Ibague ask about the town of "Juntas" just outside of Ibague. It's worth the trip, the bus takes you to the top where there are little restaurants and the view is really worth the trip. There are a number of eco-touristy farms. The prices are insanely affordable because the tourism is mainly national. It's beautiful and safe. There's good food, horse riding, rivers, trails, hiking but the best thing is the views. The bus ride is a regular bus ride rate. Just ask the locals.
19th November 2011

Today's the day!!
Happy, happy birthday big brother!! We love you!
26th November 2011

So Annoying
I live on Septima next to Universidad Districtal and they wake me up with , Somos Estudiantes!
15th October 2012

I stumbled upon your blog by accident, and now I find it amusing to read just to know how an american sees the whole student protests stuff in Colombia, being myself a university student (specially when you talk about the \"orchestrated dance between the police and students\", LOL). However, I can\'t help wondering, wouldn\'t it have been more interesting to find out why there were (and still are) so many of these protests in Colombia? didn\'t it seem to you quite disproportionate the amount of riot police and the equipment that they have in Colombia, compared to other democratic countries (even in the same continent)? Just curious... PS: Sorry for my rusty english...

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb