Too short inColombia, now in Argentina


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Bogota
November 28th 2005
Published: November 28th 2005
Edit Blog Post

More people on the sidewalkMore people on the sidewalkMore people on the sidewalk

The museum del oro was great, but the plaza around it was a great attraction for people watching!
THERe IS after all a direct bus to Bogota from Villa De Levya. Its huge although sans real air conditioning. We took it back for about $10.... Even though we got stopped and had our passports taken at a checkpoint (they gave them back) it was a really nice ride. Elizabeth and I got food to take on the bus. With our bad spanish, we got a corn cake, homemade sausages and little potatoes in a brown paper bag for $2.50US. Liz made a face at the guy for the high price and he gave her an extra corn cake. it was okay except for the serious lack of salsa.

Okay, we spent our last hours (we literally had saturday evening and sunday morning left in bogota) hanging with Elizabeth´s friend Daniel and friends. We went to a restaurant that was huge in the fun part of town. Andres Carnidores? You get a big metal plate of meat and we had a bottle of fire water...or whatever you call it. tasted like licorice. There were soooo many gorgeous men there, i could have stayed all evening if not for the equally gorgeous women there. they all have long hair, perfect
Carribean manCarribean manCarribean man

If i had known this was like...the only dark skinned person i would see on my whole trip i would have talked to him! Colombia has more carribean people because of the coast. Everywhere else in South America my brother and I were a conundrum to people. (they only assume american's are pale and blonde)
skin, and these hips that kept knocking into me. Oh, the world is so unfair😊!!!!

The next day we went to the museum del oro. the gold museum ( i butchered the spelling). it´s amazing how much gold the government managed to save from the colonial times, and even more amazing to think of how much was probably stolen. Thank goodness the museum was free, because 2/3rds of it were under construction.

we spent the last of our pesos on stuff at the little shops in the plaza. there were so many people around! its like times square without the tourists crowding the sidewalks, the crap they sell on the side, and the chain restaurants...(wait, that´s not times square then...!)

There´s so much construction in Colombia, it´s obviously expanding faster than it knows how to. But its so well organized, and everything´s so smart and the people are so polite ( SOOOO polite,!´oh my GOD.) its like NOTHING anywhere in the US! And thats why you should go! Hah!

Advertisement



29th November 2005

sounds like you are having...
... a real blast of an adventure! i'm :) for you chodge. xo, kasia
29th November 2005

It isn't FINNNNNNNNNE!
Hi Channy- I came back to work today and you weren't there. So sad. I can look at all of your sweaters and panchos though, and remember Little Channy though. :-) AND your desk is so nice and neat! If only your mother could see it... I may take a picture of it with my camera phone so we can post it on your screensaver... That way we can always look back and remember what the wood looked like (wink!) I am VERY jealous of your South American adventure, girlie!!! You had me with the five buck horseback riding bit. GREAT DEAL! Did you ride bareback? I always wanted to do that in another country... sigh. I think the most important thing that you need to take away from this trip is learning what you can cook for all of us in the Vineyard. Don't let all the hot guys, good deals and polite people and laid back type of life spoil you too much. P.S. You are NOT going to enjoy checking your messages when you get back to work. I think your phone just beat my phone in a race against time! And I have a million lines on mine!!! P.S. I'm here and you're there. That's NOT FINNNNEEEE. :-)
1st December 2005

Hey Channon
Channon! I am having such fun reading about your experiences! What a good idea girl friend. I'm glad you are having such a good time. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! Fondly, Jaana Jaana

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb