The land of Fruits!


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Bogota
March 17th 2007
Published: March 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

me and the beautiful girls of colombiame and the beautiful girls of colombiame and the beautiful girls of colombia

Pilar, Andrea, Sonia and Me in the awesome gargola resturant.
Well i have flown into bogota and was really impressed! Me Jules and Robbie grabbed a taxi to our hostel which was located in the historical center and quite a nice section of town to walk around. being quite late we grabbed some dinner at a nice resturant and finished the night off with a couple of beers.

The next day i had a chance to see a bit more of the city walking through Bolivar plaza and visiting the Botero museum which is up there with one of the best museums i have ever been to and it was free! all in all it is a really good city to walk around with police literally on every corner it feels like almost the safest city i have been to in south america. It has taken me a while to get the hang of the grid number street system in columbia (you would think it would be easy but it takes a while to work out which street is the cross street and which is the long street) anyways it is going ok.

after a nice day sight seeing i got in a cab for a good hour
me and soniame and soniame and sonia

me and sonia
out to sonias house to be honest i thought i was never going to find it as even the cab driver was having troubles. Only an hour late which is actually early on south american time i finally caught up with my columbian girls sonia and diana.

it was really great to catch up with the girls again and they made me feel at home. sonia made a point to make me listen to every columbian song ever invented drink every columbian drink and eat every columbian meal... most of it i love (execpt for the chicha). Diana had to head off to do some uni work but made sure to hang around long enough to grab a beer with us. later sonia took me to a nice area and a cosy place called gargola basically a kind of romantic place with candles and a live singer on a keyboard but decorated in a halloween theme and gargoyals yes kind of weird. but good all the same and i meet some of sonias friends andrea and ? (pillar late edit due to comment)

the next day i had to visit the bank once again for a plane ticket
plaza bolivaplaza bolivaplaza boliva

plaza boliva
another ordeal which required sonias assisance... basically after 4 hours of misleading information in the morning sonia sorted it out in 30 mins. after this it was ice cream from a chain of stores they have in columbia called crepes and waffles. Sonia went on to describe how columbia is the land of fruits although i didn´t know what any of them were because they were all in spanish. but yes sonia they were very good. later we hit another museum which was interesting and in the evening we drank chicha which i wouldn´t recommend to anyone but the columbians seem to love it.

after a night out in the historical center looking for our lost friend jamie following random clues from club to club we finally gave up and i stayed the night at sonias house as her family invited me on a trip out to there holiday house in villa de leyva. So i met the family sonias little sister laura and her mum and dad. yeah i was a bit of a gringo as my spanish is still quite bad but sonias family have been very welcoming.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb