Layover in Bogota


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Bogota
October 4th 2018
Published: October 6th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Our final stop on this trip was a 10 hour layover in Bogota, Colombia. We had no interest of visiting the city when we were here previously but seeing as we had time to kill we thought we had better make the most of it. It turned out to be quite nice for the time we visited!
We booked the free walking tour and then planned to have lunch and dinner and that was going to take up most of our layover time. Plus we get to visit Colombia again which was our favourite country on the trip!
We were slightly annoyed that our flight was delayed from BA making us 30 minutes late in joining the walking tour and missing lunch. As usual a walking tour is a great way to visit areas of a city but also understand all the history and learn about the culture.
Apparently Bogota has never had a temperature higher than 25.8 degrees, it's hard to imagine that!
We were happy to end the trip in Colombia, even though it was for 9 hours and before we knew it, we in the taxi heading back to the airport.

Now being back in the UK feels strange, almost as if the trip was a short holiday. It went very quickly and we enjoyed every moment. South America is incredibly diverse and we had no issues at all.
I wonder if or when the opportunity to go for another trip like this will be!?



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0174s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb