Arví Park - City of Eternal Spring - Medellin Colombia


Advertisement
Published: June 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Last January I went to Medellín, the City of Eternal Spring, and I visited some interesting places with my mom. I want to talk you about Arví Park, it is an ecological nature preserve and Pre-Hispanic archaeological site on the eastern slopes of Aburrá Valley in Medellín Antioquía. There are two ways to get to Arví Park, one is by subway and the other by car. I went through the metro, the metro can be taken from the center of medellín and it takes about 45 minutes to arrive: It arrives at the Santo Domingo Savio station (Line K), and then you have to take the metrocable called Arví Cable.

When we arrived, there were several guides, who tell you where to go. There are several types of trips through the park, one is with guide and the other is without guides, when you traveling without a guide is dangerous because you could be lose in the park. You can get more information in the information center of the Park.

In the Arví Park are two parks, one of this is managed by Comfama (Comfama Park) and the other is managed by Comfenalco (Hotel and Ecological Park Piedras Blancas). The entrance to these parks has a cost established by the companies that administer them. We decided to go to the Ecological Park of Piedras Blancas, this space has a hotel, entomological museum, boat rentals, canopy, butterfly, among others. It is located in the vicinity of the Piedras Blancas dam, in a territory rich in native forests.

I was a little scared for my mom, because she was sick and she could not walk much, however it was a great experience for me and her, because she could do the entire tour without feeling discomfort in her legs! It was incredible. The tour in the Park was free without guides, we decided to walk through the park to the Butterfly Museum, this museum shows a great variety of butterflies, and the vegetation is abundant.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb