Four Days of Rain, 5 Minutes of Sun


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile
February 13th 2011
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -51.7325, -72.5051

Welcome to Chilean Patagonia, but what else can you expect from an area that gets 8 METERS of rain a year? Eight meters is 26.246719160104988 feet which is about 319 inches.

You have to rain nearly every minute of every day to do that, so if you're planning to hike in this country, be forewarned. You're going to get wet. But luckily the wind blows hard enough to dry you off--should you be holding tightly to a tree and not blown into Argentina, that is.

This is hard country and the goat carrier turned passenger ship we sailed on had done it many times.

I don't have much good to say about Navimag--the company doing these trips. After being 7 hours late taking off from Puerto Montt the steward greeted us with, "Welcome to Navimag. We did a really stupid thing. We ran the the last boat into an island---that's why all of you were transfered to this one."

We all looked at each other like...did we hear what we just heard?

And it gets worse.

There were so many couples who had paid for single cabins on the Evangalistas, but wound up sharing with two others on the Eden, which was cramped, dumpy and outfitted with broken down "lounge" chairs.

More later...





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Our Lux AccommodationsOur Lux Accommodations
Our Lux Accommodations

Shared with a couple from Italy who had paid for a private room. Imagine their surprise...


15th February 2011

Did you feel like you were back in camp in the bunk beds? I don't think I could do the rain but then I don't do snow too well either!!!! It's snowing again today and is supposed to get cold tonight. I accidently deleted your e-mail thats wh
y you're not getting book club info. I'll get it from Sandy. Here's to the sun coming out. Happy Days!!!!!

Tot: 0.031s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0144s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb